Friday, April 25, 2008

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

On that day I will still have the same challenges in life I had the day before. I will have the same strengths, weaknesses, hopes, dreams, shortcomings and victories I had the day before.

My life will still be 100% my responsibility. It will not matter very much who sits in the Oval Office that day.

Whoever that may be -- he or she -- that individual is not our national messiah, is not our national nanny, is not our national drill sergeant.

We are each in charge of our own lives. We maintain maximum control of our own lives in part by understanding this and by realizing that nothing external, and most especially not politics, has the fundamental power to change our lives.

Only we can do that, each of us for himself or herself, and work voluntarily with others to effect change around us.

Any other nostrum is delusional, now and on Wednesday, January 21, 2009, and on every other day.

No comments: